Tuesday

Ray Ban

Ray Ban is an image I captured while roaming about the Christening ceremonies of Oceania's newest flagship, Marina, in Miami. The handsome gentleman depicted here was sitting next the to the ship, which made for an ideal backdrop for the contrasting skin tones and harmonizing clothing.


Ray Ban © Mark Jordan Photography
When walking down a side aisle toward the stage, I at first passed him up. However, on my return trip up an aisle, he stood out among a sea of empty white chairs. The choir, of which he was the lead singer, had just abandoned their seats as they prepared themselves for the next musical event. He alone remained. 


The trick was to capture this man without his attention. Understandably, this was no small feat. Considering the size of my camera and that while most of the attendees were relaxing comfortably in their seats, I was walking about, I was less than invisible. This wasn't going to be easy. Any pre-attention I gave him was going to destroy the spontaneity. This was not going to happen!


My approach was to feign a conspicuous attention on the stage while directing my peripheral vision to keep my target in view. The objective was to capture him quickly, without him noticing I was there, and then simply move on - the stealth method...


I then knelt to his left and focused on a subjet in front of me that appeared to be equidistant  to him. Feeling I was set, and his attention was on the unfolding event, I swiftly turned to catch him unaware. Just as I did, however, he suddenly noticed a friend who was edging his way out of his seat row, directly behind me. I did not know what had occurred until afterwards.


He turned at the precise same time my lens settled and I caught him wholly oblivious to my presence. The expression you see is his welcoming smile at seeing a fellow musician who was ready to join him on stage. It's one of those magical moments.  


As always, should you have any comments, questions, no concern is too small.


From the heart,



Mark
©Photosical - the photographic, philosophical observations of Orange County Photographer, Mark Jordan

markjordanphoto.com
orangecountyfamilyportrait.com
orangecountyheadshot.com

orangecountyseniorportrait.com

Mark Jordan Photography specializes in crafting stunning contemporary, traditional, classic, and storytelling family portraits (high school seniors, children portraits, babies, maternity, pregnancy), headshots and pets. Mark Jordan, a Photography Hall of Fame photographer in Rancho Santa Margarita and provides portrait photography throughout Orange County. The portrait studio also serves San Diego County and Inland Empire. Studio Photography Services are also provided in Riverside County and Los Angeles County. Local Cites where photography studio services are offered are in Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Brea, Costa Mesa, Coto de Caza, Cypress, Dana Point, Dove Canyon, Fountain Valley, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, Northwood, Orange, Orange Park Acres, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Santa Ana, Tustin, Villa Park, Westminster, Yorba Linda, Corona del Mar, Murrieta, Murrieta Hot Springs, Quail Valley, Riverside, Temecula, Winchester, Woodcrest, Chino Hills, Fontana, Grand Terrace, Loma Linda, Montclair, Rancho Bernardo, Carlsbad, Coronado, Del Mar, Escondido, La Mesa, Oceanside, San Diego, San Marcos, Solana Beach, Vista, Carmel Mountain Ranch, Rancho San Diego, Rancho Santa Fe, and San Diego Country Estates, Turtle Rock, Shady Canyon. Portrait Photographers everywhere (photographers in O.C. as well) are welcome to contact our portrait studio for mentoring/guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When sharing your comments, please keep in mind Googtoon is family rated.